httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo>
Subject Re: A suggestion about
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2003 13:48:14 GMT
* kajaa wrote:

> In all style/*.xsl files, there is a line say:
> <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp "&#160;"> ]>
> This causes a problem when multi-byte encoding language (such as zh,kr,jp)
> translations be shown in a browser, because, OS may recognize the character
> 160 as the first part of a specific language character, and displays a
> strange one which is not expected.

That was a transformation error (xalan bug?). Recently I've worked around
that by filtering these characters and writing "&nbsp;" into the output.

Please try it with this change and see what happens with the chinese
transformation. If it doesn't work as expected, we can consider further

Thanks, nd
die (eval q-qq:Just Another Perl Hacker

# André Malo, <> #

To unsubscribe, e-mail: