httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: A suggestion about
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2003 13:48:14 GMT
* kajaa wrote:

> In all style/*.xsl files, there is a line say:
> <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp "&#160;"> ]>
>
> This causes a problem when multi-byte encoding language (such as zh,kr,jp)
> translations be shown in a browser, because, OS may recognize the character
> 160 as the first part of a specific language character, and displays a
> strange one which is not expected.

That was a transformation error (xalan bug?). Recently I've worked around
that by filtering these characters and writing "&nbsp;" into the output.

Please try it with this change and see what happens with the chinese
transformation. If it doesn't work as expected, we can consider further
changes.

Thanks, nd
--
die (eval q-qq:Just Another Perl Hacker