httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <>
Subject SSI on
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 16:45:58 GMT
With the great work that André has been doing lately, it seems like most
of the mod_include stuff has been removed from docs-2.0.  In addition,
work done a couple years ago to convert the main site to Anakia removed
the need for includes over there.

Given that, can anyone see a reason not to restrict includes processing on to the /docs/ directory (the 1.3 docs)?  This should
reduce server load and speed up actual and perceived performance due to
much better caching.

There is probably the occasional doc here or there that still uses ssi,
but since it is usually just a header/footer, I don't think we will really
be breaking anything substantial.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message