httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: one of your pages appears to be in japanese
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 17:45:12 GMT

We would need to see your complete and accurate Accept: line to see what
is going on.  Obviously, if Japanese is ahead of English, you will get the
Japanese version.  But also remember that "en-us" or "en-gb" are not the
same as "en".  So if you want english first, you need "en" ahead of "ja".

Joshua.

Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 21:16:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: Naval Grau <enventa2000@yahoo.com>
To: webmaster@apache.org
Subject: one of your pages appears to be in japanese

Hello:

This page appears in japanese in my browser:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/suexec.html

I'm using IE 6 and my language options are Spanish,
German, Japanese and English in that order.

Putting English at the top of the list and/or japanese
at the bottom will not work.

The page won't appear in English until I delete
Japanese from the list. All other pages are served in
English.

I guess your english page is not labeled as english,
and server picks next option?

Have a good day.