httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <>
Subject Re: search index for
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 21:38:39 GMT
André Malo wrote:
> I fear, it's not so easy, but I'm not very familiar with that search
> engine.

The essence of all that I know about the current setup was in my last
mail, so I don't think I'll be of any further help with this :) just
aimed to point you in the right direction...

> If it's not good solvable for now, we should switch the docs search to use
> google ...

I like that idea. Much better than the current results. Ideally we could
even create a nice webservice working together with Googles API
( It shouldn't be too hard (hello ws guys!)
and the terms should allow us to use it (free for non-commercial use).

 > and may start developing our own search engine. I'd enter such a
> project immediately! ;-)

hehe, Andrew C. Oliver recently proposed SuperXMailer (an
email-harvester) for Jakarta via the incubator. Perhaps this is a good
start, André :->

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message