httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: [Review] index page layout / xml
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2003 14:18:20 GMT
André Malo wrote:
> Well, the index page finally goes xml. I've used mostly the xml format of
> the sitemap with a new xsl file (caused by the special requirements).
> Additionally I've made some minor layout changes for a better look & feel
> (thanks Kess for her suggestions).

+1, great job and really a somewhat cleaner look! I think the
DTD-/XSL-changes are fine.

> Attached you'll find the patch against the existing files, the new
> indexpage.xsl and index.xml. The HTML result can be admired online:
> <http://cvs.apache.org/~nd/manual/index.html.en>
>
> Comments, further suggestions etc are welcome.

just one little thing: in Mozilla the search button is aligned fully to
the bottom. Looks pretty ugly :) Perhaps something like the following
can help to override the standard <p> line-height of 1.3em:

#index-page input {
     line-height: 1.1em; /* or alternatively 1em or 100% ? */
}

cheers,
Erik