httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Ke├čler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Re: "About the Documentation" (primarily: prerequisites)
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:44:59 GMT
> Here is an idea for a document to go in the release notes section of the
> manual.

+1

> What do you think?  Is it asking to much to insist people know what an
> "HTTP status code" is before they read the docs?  What would be a better
> example?

Some first time users may use HTTP header or status code as a black box
and won't know much more then staus 404. I remember my first steps. I
set up a server at my local machine to test cgi's not knowing how the
server works. At this level I did not need and want more documentation
then how to install the server and make it serving cgis.

To be able to _work_ with apache and its doc, know-how about basic
concepts are nesseccary. I think, the level is ok.

But it would be fine to have a direct link to a document explaining the
HTTP basics in a beginners friendly way.

Kess