httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "kajaa" <ka...@eastday.com>
Subject A suggestion about &nbsp;
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2003 05:37:53 GMT
In all style/*.xsl files, there is a line say:
<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp "&#160;"> ]>

This causes a problem when multi-byte encoding language (such as zh,kr,jp)
translations be shown in a browser, because, OS may recognize the character
160 as the first part of a specific language character, and displays a
strange one which is not expected.

For our zh-cn translating project, I modified this line in all .xsl files
to:
<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp "&#32;"> ]>
which has the same look and feel with the old one.

So, is it OK or possible to make a change in future release versions?