httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: Is there any new official decision this time?
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:54:01 GMT
* kajaa wrote:

> After a recent cvs updating, I found that the Traditional Chinese
> manual/index.html.zh is removed from the repository.

don't panic ;-)

I've just renamed the docroot/index.html.zh (which should be the
traditional chinese "installation successful" default page) to
docroot/index.html.zh-tw.big5, because (a) it was delivered with the wrong
with the wrong charset parameter (iso-8859-1) and (b) we have now space for
a zh-CN page, if we desire to create one.

The confusing thing is: CVS doesn't allow simple renaming of files, so one
have to delete the old one and to add the new.

Side note: The change is currently only present in 2.1 branch, which is
already different from the 2.0 branch. You need to checkout the 2.0 branch
with

cvs checkout -r APACHE_2_0_BRANCH httpd-docs-2.0

(see for example http://httpd.apache.org/dev/devnotes.html)

> And, there was a
> filename
> extension naming discussion for the Simplified Chinese and Traditional
> Chinese translations in this mailinglist which seems no final result, so, is
> there any new official decision this time?

No, but we can start again :)
I'd strongly suggest to take .zh-cn for simplified chinese. (plus .gb2312
charset decoration for html files)
(with AddLanguage zh-CN .zh-cn)

nd
--
package Hacker::Perl::Another::Just;print
qq~@{[reverse split/::/ =>__PACKAGE__]}~;

#  André Malo  #  http://pub.perlig.de  #