httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: man page output
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:19:45 GMT
At 09:36 AM 3/24/2003, André Malo wrote:
>* Joe Orton wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 04:04:14PM +0100, André Malo wrote:
>> I've mailed the
>> db2man author asking about the license.
>
>Thanks.

AIUI - we don't mind that tools are BSD, GPL, or otherwise freely licensed
as long as the results are covered exclusively under the Apache License.
The results of the build always concern us - e.g. we won't bind to GPL
libraries that cause Apache to become encumbered under the GPL.

If we didn't use GNU tools who's results were freely licensable we wouldn't
be building under gcc, for example :-)  We have many such tools installed
on those servers, and respect their license.

The only question is, does the tools' license encumber the resulting
man pages generated by DocBook.

It's not our job to distribute every tool.  If DocBook isn't found, our build
system should simply not try building man/.

Bill