httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: Submitting documentation
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 00:13:22 GMT

  all of the .html files are created from the xml sources.  Simply take
the last .xml file and use diff to compare the changes between the older
version and your new one.

  Realize it's alot faster for us to compare the add/change/deletes of
a document than to review the entire document from scratch.  That's
why the simplest set of changes is always best.  E.g. don't try to
improve everything in one patch; change everything related to one
issue so we can review it quickly, address it, and then change another

  We will consider complete rewrites, but they consume alot of time,
so you shouldn't expect the group to react quite as quickly.

  The diff and patch utilities can be found at
while the current win_compiling.xml can be found at

At 03:39 PM 3/23/2003, Thom van der Boon wrote:
>I've had my share with trouble on compiling Apache with SSL support on Win32. I noted
that the current documentation misses some key parts on compiling Apache on Win32 with SSL
support. Due to lack of time, I would like to input a updated version of the current documentation,
with notes on how to compile it with SSL support. Unfortunatly I am not able to become a "full
submitting" member of the Apache Documentation Project. The required changes in the documentation
are quite substantial, so input through the Bugzilla system is not my prefered choice.
>Could somebody inform me on how to submit my notes, without becoming a member of the Apache
Documentation Project.
>Many thanks
>Thom van der Boon
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: