httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Jacek Prucia <jacek.pru...@acn.waw.pl>
Subject Re: main index (Was: [STATUS] (httpd-docs-2.0))
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 22:54:18 GMT
On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 15:47:08 +0100
André Malo <nd@perlig.de> wrote:

> * Jacek Prucia wrote:
>
> > Hmm... if the file below:
> >> index.html.en                      # leave in html?
> > ...is considered to be current task, then removing xsltc.jar (as suggested
> > in my previous mail) might not be such a good idea.
>
> What the heck does it do? ;-)

http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/extensions_xsltc.html

you can have one source xml file, one stylesheet (xalan specific) and multiple
output files with just one run.

> However, the index.html.* files are no index files (in the meaning of a
> sitemap). They are static files with (in our opinion) most important links
> to docs.

Yeah. Boy, was I surprised when I saw that main index.html is not backed by
xml file :)

> I'm strongly +1 for converting to xml (need a special .xsl then), because
> it's otherwise a pain to build it into PDF or CHM etc.

I was thinking about separate index.xsl, and then (pseudo diff notation):

  <!-- English -->
  <target name="en">
    <antcall target="xslt">
      <param name="lang" value="en" />
      <param name="input_ext" value=".xml" />
      <param name="output_ext" value=".html.en" />
    </antcall>
+   <antcall target="index">
+     <param name="lang" value="en" />
+   </antcall>
  </target>

...or something along those lines.

please expect patches coming in-not-so-distant future :)

regards,
Jacek Prucia