httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Ke├čler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Re: common docs infrastructure
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2003 20:10:18 GMT
> httpd-docs/
>    build.sh
>    build.cmd
>    target/
>       httpd.xml
>       flood.xml
>    lib/
>    style/
>       common.xsl
>       httpd.xsl
>       flood.xsl
>    httpd-1.3/
>    httpd-2.0/
>    flood/
>    output/

> Some notes on this layout: Yep, I think that xml files schould be placed in
> subdirectories relative to build script. That way build.xml wont be translated
> into build.html.en (yep... that exclude=build/*.xml in patternset isn't
> working... at least for me :).

I don't know what is going wrong at your site. exclude=build/*.xml works
fine for me.

> Another big change is the output dir. This
> makes sense only, and only if all httpd docs are translated into xml. It suits
> flood fine however, as we going to start with xml.

Hm, I'm not sure about the output dir. This could only be a parent
directory for several subdirs each corresponding to a input dir
http-2.0, flood, etc. I like the idea to have all documentation around
http under one umbrella. With some index directly at the output dir
itself we could use the whole output tree 1:1 for the online docs. But
this would result into new URLs. I'm not sure whether this would be an
advantage for the reader.

An other point about the output dir: it is only cosmetical question, but
I don't like unbalanced directories. If we have an output dir for all
docs we should structure the input dirs the same way :-)

 httpd-docs/
    build.sh
    build.cmd
    target/
       httpd.xml
       flood.xml
    lib/
    style/
       common.xsl
       httpd.xsl
       flood.xsl
    input/          or source or something else
      httpd-1.3/
      httpd-2.0/
      flood/
    output/