httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Antwort: Re: common docs infrastructure
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 22:06:19 GMT
--On Friday, March 07, 2003 20:38:33 +0200 Michael.Schroepl@telekurs.de
wrote:
> which (and how many) other projects could be candidates
> for a merge of this type? (If many, then would there be
> any benefit in having a deeper structure in this tree?)

Any sub-project under the direction of the Apache HTTP Server Project.

> And if there were to be common rules for all subprojects,
> who would enforce that these rules are kept to by all
> participants? Which subproject (if any) would be the one
> to decide how things have to be done?
> (Would "flood" be a "guest" in the "httpd" tree?)

I would imagine we can come to consensus.  The PMC is ultimately
responsible for making sure that all sub-projects are aware of the
documentation guidelines.

I suggested to Jacek that flood's documentation should leverage httpd's
documentation structure.  It makes it easier to try to standardize on a
common docs infrastructure.  If it ends up that we can't come to a
consensus, fine, but I'll be shocked if it comes to that.

I don't personally know whether flood's docs have to be in httpd-docs -
they could, but it may also make sense to split the common bits into a
httpd-docs-tools repository (see site and site-tools).  I'm personally
ambivalent on this though.  --- justin