httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: MPM installation example
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 02:21:42 GMT

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Luiz Rocha wrote:

>  I was looking install.xml and I thought this could be added to it. It is just
> a little example for the --with-mpm switch and a note, nothing more.

I'm not so hot on that text.  There are a ton of things that a user can do
in compiling the server that will really mess it up under some
circumstances.  Are we going to put a "Warning: please read the docs" on
each one?

Suggestion: If you see a particular risk in an option, document that risk.
But I suggest in this case that the documentation should go on the
mpm.xml page rather than on install.xml.

Joshua.