httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Ke├čler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Re: PDF transforms
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 06:26:32 GMT
> [language cross linking and PDF]
>
> hmmmm. Maybe I'm too impatient. But I'm somehow unsettled.
> Nothing to say? Too complex stuff? Do you have questions?
> Vacation time?

I saw it growing and like it. Both, language cross links and the PDF. I
hope, the language links will be on soon. They are very helpful. I'm
working with a local version containing them and miss them online.

Also +1 for PDF. Personally I'm more interested in one big PDF file for
screen use as well as printing, containing document-internal and external
links and bookmarks. The per-document version is nice for printing a single
chapter. You noted some possible improvements yourself. Additionally there
is only one small unaestheticness: some footnote numbers are seperated by a
large space from the text they are assigned to (because of justifying the
text).

> Sorry, I'm just askin' for some feedback (comments, flames, suggestions,
> ovations ;-), whatever). If there's something wrong with the work, don't
> hesitate to say it. I think, I bear that ;-)

I've to own up that I did not look very close to the build process, but to
the result. The result is easy to use. I'm + 1 to commit the stuff and
update the docsformat.html (transformation process) and get more experience
while using it.

 Kess