httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: HERE is a Simplified Chinese Manual Transalation Project going on.
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:00:36 GMT
* kajaa zhang wrote:

> HERE is a Simplified Chinese Manual Transalation Project going on.
>
> See:
> Homepage: http://kajaa.bbs.us/ami/amiproject.html
> Progress: http://kajaa.bbs.us/ami/amiprogress.html
> CVSROOT=:pserver:cvsuser:anonycvs@kajaa.bbs.us:/ami

Well, took a look over it - I can't read it (don't care, my fault :-),
looks great.

> And, we'd like to dedicate to the Apache Project.
> Help, to introduce this project to Apache.

I have to apologize, but I don't know very much about the different chinese
dialects (?). Someone startet already a Traditional Chinese translation
(I'm note sure about the state, see
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/translations.html>). Does it make
sense to translate into both dialects? I think, we should clear that,
perhaps you may work together.

However, there are some technical issues, that happen if/when the
translation goes into the apache repository:

- the xml files are named by language not by charset, so it would be
  foo.xml.zh (?)
- the html files go similar. The charset extension for non-iso-8859-1
  documents comes after the language extension for better negotiation, i.e.
  foo.html.zh.gb2312
- there are a lot of linebreaks, perhaps they can be shortened, but this is
  only cosmetics :)
- the <!-- English Revision --> notes the CVS revision number of the
  particular english original document, so it can't be 2.0 ;-)

- The documents need review, I'm not sure, how we solve that; any ideas
  someone?

nd
--
package Hacker::Perl::Another::Just;print
qq~@{[reverse split/::/ =>__PACKAGE__]}~;

#  André Malo  #  http://pub.perlig.de  #