httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Keßler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Re: new xml element for translators note
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 08:22:47 GMT
> I want to add a new xml element <transnote> to common.xml. This document
> could be used for translation notes. These notes should always be short
> but sometimes they are neccessary because some terms do not have a
> really good equivalent in german (don't know if other translations need
> those notes too).

> Well, I'll add this element the next days if there are no objections.
> I'll also post a format suggestion then.

Well, the element has been added to the DTD. A layout suggestion can be
found at http://cvs.apache.org/~kess/invoking.html.de#errors. The string
   (Anm.d.Ü.:"Kann nicht an Port ... binden" )
is such a translation note. More concrete:
   <transnote>"Kann nicht an Port ... binden"</transnote>
will be build to
   (Anm.d.Ü.:"Kann nicht an Port ... binden" ).
The string "Anm.d.Ü.:" is language dependend telling the reader "this is a
translation note".

So please, let me know your comments...
 Kess