httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Some bugs.
Date Sat, 18 Jan 2003 16:21:00 GMT

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003, mvf wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm translating Apache docs into russian (best regards to Ilia Soldis :) )
> and i'm also working on my own Apache derived project, and I have copied Apache
> directives documentation into the database for the sake of convenience. After some
> automatized data processing with this database, some bugs in documentation
> were fetched out. There are some errors in directives headers, usage wasn't
> checked. This little bugs are listed below.

Great!  Thanks for the notes.  I will work on fixing these today.

> In some places there is text like this: "<default>None</default>" this can
> be understand incorrectly, i.e. like as the default value of directive is
> "DirectiveName None" (like "AllowOverride None").
>
> I think it'll be better to leave <default> section blank, or use dash to
> clear up the possible mess.

I agree completely (and favor just omitting the <default> section in
these cases).  Any other opinions?

> Yep... About Autogeneration of PDF... What do you think about (La)TeX, and

I'm a big fan of LaTeX, but I think André already has a very good start on
some FOP-based stuff.  If it turns out that that doesn't work, we can look
at the LaTeX route.

Joshua.