httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: PDF transforms (was: PDF transforms, was Re: Stop shipping XML)
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 20:20:13 GMT

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, André Malo wrote:
> Whohoo!
> ok, I think the current stuff is now applicable (but requires some further
> work :)
> You can get an impression at <http://test.perlig.de/manual/>.
>
> All of our XML source files got a PDF pendant _optimized for print_.

This is very nice.  BUT, I think the biggest gain from PDF (and what most
users want) comes from having one big PDF file with the entire
documentation.  There is probably a way to do that by assembling the
smaller ones with another program.

The available languages thing is also very nice.  Can you be a little more
specific about what changes we need to make to have that work?

Joshua.