httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: PDF transforms
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:37:29 GMT
> Von: Astrid Ke├čler <kess@kess-net.de>
> Antworten an: docs@httpd.apache.org
> Datum: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:01:23 +0100
> An: docs@httpd.apache.org
> Betreff: Re: PDF transforms
>
>> We can easily do that with our current build system. We will just need to
>> render all the single XML docs into one big XML doc. Then we can transform
>> this one doc into FOP and then into PDF.
>
> This is a nice idea. It has a lot of advantages for creating a big PDF
> file. If will make it easy to create a table of contents. But maybe we will
> run out of memory for some things which need a walk through the whole
> document. This is not only the toc but also the footnotes, if we keep them.
> We should try it.

Yes for sure, this will be a memory-eater but we will have to try... I have
done this before on some other (customer-related) projects and it went quite
well, but our docs tree is much more complicated.

We will definitely have to find a way which prevents us from the current
memory problems. I haven't had enough time to look through your and nd's
build.xml patches; perhaps they will help to accomplish this task.

cheers,
Erik