httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: build system
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 20:06:56 GMT
* Luiz Rocha wrote:

>>>    But the fact is that they are defined in the pt-br.xml file.
>>
>> how? (could not find the file on your translation page ;-)
>
>    There is a pt.br.xml in the style/lang/ as long as I recall, but I defined
> like this (in the pt-br.xml):
>
> <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp "&#160;">
>   		                           <!ENTITY aacute "&#225;">
>     			                   <!ENTITY ccedil "&#231;">
>  		                           <!ENTITY ecirc  "&#234;"> ]>

ah, ok. That doesn't work, because these entities are valid only locally in
the particular document (pt-br.xml).

>    In the common.dtd, I just added the ENTITY tags.

...and the common.dtd is nearly ever used.

>    Well, I have no problems in using the character references. I just that I'm
> already used to the "named" way, and it would be easier if someone decided to
> help the pt-br effort. This is way I made the char-table. :)

yep, I know; it's easy to work with an HTML editor ;-)

>> see above. character references (&#xxx;) are fine. Alternatively, if we
>> decide to abstain from mozilla's xslt "support", I'd very like to include
>> the entity stuff completely from the w3 xhtml DTDs (via URL or locally
>> stored? I'd prefer the latter.)
>
>    I don't know about this. Wouldn't it be worse if we added yet another file
> to the building system? I was more confortable when I was sure that I was
> screwing this up :)

;-)
We could easily add them via URL reference to the original w3 resources.
But this would require an internet connection every time you're running a
transformation.
(working with normal dial-up here...)

nd
--