httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Kessler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Re: Stop shipping XML
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2002 01:56:51 GMT
>> I would also like to see only the xml sources in cvs (I hate the
>> nasty HTML update mails)
>
> hmm. My CVS knowledge is very low, but I guess, someone could do some
> magic in order to omit that mails.

-0. I dont' like the idea. The mails inform me about forgotten
transformations or forgotten commits (when I miss these mails).

Hm, we could agree not to mix xml and xhtml commits, so you may be able
to filter the commit mails, Erik.

>>| - build
>>| - docs-html
>>   | - developer
>>   + - other html-only files
>
> at this point (sorry for mixing discussions):
> We should drop html-only docs. For automation processes it's
> neccessary to have xml sources for every file.

I think, the html docs will disapear in future when the last html file
has been converted to xml.

> I'd like more a source tree and a result tree (xdocs and docs on
> httpd-site). So all variants of a resource coexist in the same
> directory. This is much easier to manage and more intuitive, I think.

+1 If there are too much result documents I would like a directory for
each language rather then for each file type. (Yes, I know this would be
a problem for content negotiation. But not so much if we use nds
suggestion on language links.)

>>| - share
>>   | - images
>>   + - style
>>   or (my favourite, if it wouldn't be too hard):
>>   | - css
>>   | - dtd
>>   | - img
>>   + - xsl
>
> So the images and css would appear in the result tree while dtds, xsl
> and other helper files would appear in the source tree.

+1 for share/img and share/css in result tree and share/dtd, share/xsl
and so on in source tree.

 Kess