httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Kessler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Re: TransferLog in ssl.conf
Date Wed, 25 Dec 2002 03:10:23 GMT
>> I'm  also wondering why we do not mark the TransferLog directive as
>> deprecated and remove them in a later release 2.2 or 2.4 or so. In my
>> eyes it's only a short form of CustomLog which is easy to use but not
>> really neccessary and may confuse the user. Or do I miss something?
>
> My changes to the docs, are, as always, purely selfish. I don't like
> having to explain things in class if I don't have to. ;-)
>
> But, seriously ...
>
> I always had the impression that the TransferLog was purely for
> backward compatibility with NCSA. I can't say I particularly mind
> having it around, but I would like to have the default configuration
> files reflect *recommended* configuration, not merely a functional
> one.

ehm, sorry, I may have been mistakable. I didn't ask about the conf
changes. I agree with you. This was meant with my +1.
I asked (maybe at the wrong list) about a note in the docs like
"This directive is deprecated and will be removed in version 2.2. Please
use CustomLog instead."
And then remove the directive from the code in HEAD (or in future).

hm, or did I misunderstood your answer? *sometimes having doubts about my
english skills*

 Kess