httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/ (fwd)
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:09:47 GMT
* Mark J Cox wrote:

> So it looks like IE installed in the UK sets up the browser by default to
> send a HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE of en-gb and doesn't also include en.

*gsmpf*
*arrgh*
[...]

What a fsck!

> So
> James's browser is sending "en-gb,fr;q=0.5" and since that doesn't include
> a plain "en" we end up sending him French.

So what can we do? AFAICS, the "right" way to handle that automatically
would be including "en" into the accept-string. Labelling the document
language(s) as en-gb would be very wrong.

However, a senseful solution with cross references between languages has to
be created. It's listed in STATUS already ;-) perhaps it should get
increased priority.

nd
--
die (eval q-qq:Just Another Perl Hacker