httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: Stop shipping XML
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 18:06:25 GMT
* Mads Toftum wrote:

> As it is I'd much prefer to have xml only for all generated pages in cvs
> and only create html when rolling the tarball.

That's not so easy like it sounds.
It assumes, that the RM has to be properly installed java runtime and the
neccessary classes (xalan, xerces, ant etc.).

The other point is, that he should control all generated files (currently
about 200). For example, I have the problem, that I'm not able to build the
japanese html files properly (have some weird problems with special
characters). And controlling is not possible anyway since I simply cannot
read japanese ;-)

Last but not least, the docs have to go some way to the online site
(httpd.apache.org/docs-x.y). Either one would build them locally and put
them up or build them there on the server (also a properly installed build
system assumed, see above). Currently it's a simple cvs checkout.

However, we could use separate directories for xml and html, like the
httpd-site does. I would support that.

nd
--
"Eine Eieruhr", erklärt ihr Hermann, "besteht aus einem Ei. Du nimmst
das Ei und kochst es. Wenn es hart ist, sind fünf Minuten um. Dann weißt