httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual install.xml install.xml.de install.html.en install.html.de
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 23:04:05 GMT

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Erik Abele wrote:
> +1 on encouraging people to download from the mirrors, but IMO we
> shouldn't hide the main distribution directory too much. Especially for
> sensitive date, we should ensure that the people can get them directly;
> see comments below...

The download.cgi links to the main distribution directory for people who
want it, and forces people to get signatures from that directory.  It is
the correct place to link whenever we talk about downloads, not simply for
mirrors.

> +1 on removing the notes about alpha and beta releases, this really
> wasn't very helpful for the end-user.

+1.  It was put there back when we thought were going to be having more
frequent alpha and beta releases.

> Shouldn't we link the KEYS file directly to
> http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/KEYS? This would ensure that a) the
> user gets a 'controlable' version of this sensitive data and b) we stay
> consistent with http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi#verify.

+1.

Joshua.