httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject docs on APACHE_2_0_BRANCH
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 19:57:47 GMT
I have moved the docs-2.0 checkout on httpd.apache.org to the
APACHE_2_0_BRANCH tag so that it will contain the correct docs to go along
with 2.0.  I moved what used to be called docs-2.0 to docs-2.1, but I
haven't yet linked it from anywhere.

Perhaps a link from
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/
would be appropriate, but I don't think it is necessary to put it in the
main menu until we get closer to a 2.1 release.

Please scream if there are any problems.

As far as documentation development on this new system, any changes that
are not specific to new features in 2.1 should be made both to HEAD and to
the branch.  If the change is substantial, it might be a good idea to
commit to head first, then wait a few days for feedback before committing
to the branch.  But I don't think we need any strict rules.

Bill R. posted a procedure a little while ago for merging docs changes
back from HEAD into branch.  This may need to be done on a periodic basis
to catch people who forget (or are too lazy) to commit to both places.

Joshua.