httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Mark J Cox <m...@awe.com>
Subject http://httpd.apache.org/docs/ (fwd)
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 11:49:42 GMT
So it looks like IE installed in the UK sets up the browser by default to
send a HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE of en-gb and doesn't also include en.  So
James's browser is sending "en-gb,fr;q=0.5" and since that doesn't include
a plain "en" we end up sending him French.

Mark
--
Mark J Cox ........................................... www.awe.com/mark
Apache Software Foundation ..... OpenSSL Group ..... Apache Week editor

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 11:25:04 +0000
From: James Coates <jamesc@affection.net>
To: webmaster@apache.org
Cc: mark@awe.com
Subject: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/

Hello!

I'm assuming that you're being very clever and seeing me come in to
read the docmentation from a French IP block. But actually, I'm an
English contractor working in Paris and documentation in French isn't
particularly helpful right now - especially when there's nothing to
click to change my language.

James.

jamesc@affection.net - http://www.affection.net/~jamesc/ - [+33] 6 79 02 08 99