httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Stop shipping XML
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2002 11:50:02 GMT
On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Astrid Kessler wrote:

> > at this point (sorry for mixing discussions):
> > We should drop html-only docs. For automation processes it's
> > neccessary to have xml sources for every file.
>
> I think, the html docs will disapear in future when the last html file
> has been converted to xml.

I missed a step somewhere. How are the html docs going to disappear? As
long as we're putting these docs on the web site, and shipping them with
a web server, it seems reasonable to have them in a web-viewable format.
And, last I checked, that was HTML. Not all browsers can render XML, and
not all of us are willing to switch to a browser that can. Yet several
people seem to think that the HTML docs are going away. Can someone
explain this to me? Thanks.

--
And everyone said, "If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve -