httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <>
Subject Re: Stop shipping XML
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2002 11:50:02 GMT
On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Astrid Kessler wrote:

> > at this point (sorry for mixing discussions):
> > We should drop html-only docs. For automation processes it's
> > neccessary to have xml sources for every file.
> I think, the html docs will disapear in future when the last html file
> has been converted to xml.

I missed a step somewhere. How are the html docs going to disappear? As
long as we're putting these docs on the web site, and shipping them with
a web server, it seems reasonable to have them in a web-viewable format.
And, last I checked, that was HTML. Not all browsers can render XML, and
not all of us are willing to switch to a browser that can. Yet several
people seem to think that the HTML docs are going away. Can someone
explain this to me? Thanks.

And everyone said, "If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve -
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!"