httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: TransferLog in ssl.conf
Date Wed, 25 Dec 2002 01:53:36 GMT
On Tue, 24 Dec 2002, Astrid Kessler wrote:

> > Would anyone object if I change the "TransferLog" directive in ssl.conf
> > to a CustomLog directive?
>
> +1 to change this.
>
> I'm  also wondering why we do not mark the TransferLog directive as
> deprecated and remove them in a later release 2.2 or 2.4 or so. In my eyes
> it's only a short form of CustomLog which is easy to use but not really
> neccessary and may confuse the user. Or do I miss something?

My changes to the docs, are, as always, purely selfish. I don't like
having to explain things in class if I don't have to. ;-)

But, seriously ...

I always had the impression that the TransferLog was purely for backward
compatibility with NCSA. I can't say I particularly mind having it
around, but I would like to have the default configuration files reflect
*recommended* configuration, not merely a functional one.

--
Nothing is perfekt. Certainly not me.
Success to failure. Just a matter of degrees.