httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: Stop shipping XML
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2002 12:33:18 GMT
Hi!

I think there were some misunderstandings with the last mails and I will try to clear things
up a bit: Astrid (and I) was (were) referring to the 'ancient' HTML files which aren't converted
to XML up to now. We do not intend to drop neither the *resulting/generated* HTML files nor
their content!

It's just a fact that we finally have to get rid of the old files to take full advantage of
the new xml system. I'm thinking here of other formats (PDF, ...) and tree-cleaniness and
so on...

So, no worry: HTML will still be alive. We definitely can't rely upon XML-only docs at this
point of browser-development :-)

cheers,
erik