httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject PDF transforms, was Re: Stop shipping XML
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 22:28:45 GMT
André Malo wrote:
> Erik Abele wrote:
>>André Malo wrote:
>>
>>>For example, I'm currently working on PDF for print using fop (will
>>>introduce them today evening or tomorrow, whenever it gets ready). The html
>>>files are not parseable by the processor and therefore get no pdf.
>
>>Great, I was working on this two months ago but than I ran totally out of
>>time. Do you plan to generate one big pdf document which contains all the
>>xml sources or several pdf docs?
>
> The first step was to learn xsl-fo and the limitations of fop (*sigh*).
> The current stage consists of a pdf file per document - optimized for
> print. There are just some final nits, that I'm currently picking.

cool...I'm keen on seeing the first pages ... will have more time the next days and would
really like to help picking out some nits :)

> The next stage then can base on this work and merge the stuff together.
> (But there are still some problems to solve before.)

Okay, ... any special problems? Perhaps I can help. The merging into one big doc shouldn't
be a problem, except for a nice sidebar with all the links (probably taken from sitemap.xml)
to directly hop throug the doc; this part could be a bit harder.

hmmm...but lets wait for a working base...

cheers,
Erik