httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: starting mod_proxy split...
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 19:54:46 GMT
André Malo wrote:
> and the first step will be to introduce docs for
>
> <http://cvs.apache.org/~nd/manual/mod/mod_proxy_connect.html>,
> <http://cvs.apache.org/~nd/manual/mod/mod_proxy_ftp.html> and
> <http://cvs.apache.org/~nd/manual/mod/mod_proxy_http.html>.
> If there are no objections, I'm going to commit them.

looks fine for me, +1.

> Should we move the "common configuration topics" section out of
> mod_proxy.xml and put it into an extra document, say misc/proxy_config.xml?
> It would be named "Proxy Configuration Topics" then or so.

hmm, I really don't have a strong opinion on this. The section is quite
useful where it is but on the other hand its a bit too much for a
general intro...

I would like to keep 'Forward and Reverse Proxies' and 'Controlling
access to your proxy' as an intro and move the rest of the topics to
another doc. what do you think?

btw, misc/proxy_config.xml seems okay.

cheers,
erik