httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/style common.dtd
Date Sun, 15 Dec 2002 23:07:17 GMT
André Malo wrote:
> * erikabele@apache.org wrote:
>

>>  +<!-- Character mnemonic entities -->
>>  +
>>  +<!ENTITY % HTMLlat1 PUBLIC
>>  +   "-//W3C//ENTITIES Latin 1 for XHTML//EN"
>>  +   "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml-lat1.ent">
>
> [...]
>
> ehm... shouldn't this be
>
> <!ENTITY % HTMLlat1 SYSTEM "w3c/xhtml-lat1.ent">
>
> and so on?

No, we can use the Ant <xmlcatalog> type to catch the online references
and use the local copies for the build process; just look at build.xml...

> Another question: How can we use the xhtml dtds to validate our html files?
>
> nd

XHTML files are only XML files plus some own DTD magic :-) Therefore we
can use the xml-validation task to check our generated XHTML files
against the corresponding DTDs (xhtml1-strict.dtd,
xhtml1-transitional.dtd). just like we do for our 'normal' XML files
with our own DTDs.

Since we are not using HTML<=4.x we can easily validate all our files
;-) For details see build.xml

cheers,
Erik