httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk>
Subject Re: Stop shipping XML
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 23:07:00 GMT
On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 10:08:09PM +0100, Erik Abele wrote:
> André Malo wrote:
> >at this point (sorry for mixing discussions):
> >We should drop html-only docs. For automation processes it's neccessary to
> >have xml sources for every file.
>
> +1 on dropping them completely, but up to now we have them around ;-(

I really hope you mean convert them instead of dropping them. IMHO it is
totally bogus to throw away good information just because the format
isn't up to date. If it bothers you, then convert the darn things ;)
I don't particularly like what happened to the faq, but I would be very
much opposed to dropping the tons of useful info that is in the SSL docs.
Oh, and while I'm busy disagreeing with people, I might as well add that
jost converting docs to xml and just outputting sorted lists isn't
always a good idea - take f.ex. the mod_rewrite page, sorting the list
of directives leaves the most important and most often used directive
(RewriteRule) at the end of the file, making it the last thing you see.

vh

Mads Toftum