httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Luiz Rocha <l...@lsdr.net>
Subject Re: build system
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 13:54:46 GMT

> >    But the fact is that they are defined in the pt-br.xml file.
>
> how? (could not find the file on your translation page ;-)

   There is a pt.br.xml in the style/lang/ as long as I recall, but I defined
like this (in the pt-br.xml):

<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp "&#160;">
  		                           <!ENTITY aacute "&#225;">
    			                   <!ENTITY ccedil "&#231;">
 		                           <!ENTITY ecirc  "&#234;"> ]>

   In the common.dtd, I just added the ENTITY tags.

> Since we don't have a general entity table defined, at least for the german
> translation we use character references (&#xxx;) (as you also described on
> your chartable page).

   Well, I have no problems in using the character references. I just that I'm
already used to the "named" way, and it would be easier if someone decided to
help the pt-br effort. This is way I made the char-table. :)

> Entities have to be defined in a DTD. Of course, we should put them into a
> separate file or somewhat, but the principle is the same.

   Well, I thought that this could be solved without creating another file or
messing with the common.dtd one. I think I'll switch to the character
references then.

> see above. character references (&#xxx;) are fine. Alternatively, if we
> decide to abstain from mozilla's xslt "support", I'd very like to include
> the entity stuff completely from the w3 xhtml DTDs (via URL or locally
> stored? I'd prefer the latter.)

   I don't know about this. Wouldn't it be worse if we added yet another file
to the building system? I was more confortable when I was sure that I was
screwing this up :)

--
Luiz Rocha <lsdr@lsdr.net>
http://lsdr.net/