httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: name-based vhosts
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2002 00:13:26 GMT
* Rich Bowen wrote:

> So, if you think that this encourages people not to read the docs, tell
> me, and I'll axe it. Otherwise, if you like it, let me know.

In my opinion, it's better the people don't read the docs here than they
don't read it elsewere... (think of the <Limit GET POST> stuff, that is
still present for several *years* in NGs, forums and mailinglists)

Of course, it's better, they'd read the docs, but ...
The only thing we can do here is to give the impatient *correct*
information in short form (and some hints to read further ;-) and to the
other some background info.

Therefore I like "impatient's sections".

Some notes about your code:

                                                  ^ I? (I'm no sure :)

> +
> +    <p>To run name-based virtual hosts on your server, put the following
> +    in your server configuration file:</p>
> +
> +    <example>
> +    NameVirtualHost *<br />
> +    <br />
> +    &lt;VirtualHost *&gt;
> +    ServerName host1.example.com<br />
> +    ServerAlias www.host1.example.com<br />
> +    DocumentRoot /www/vhosts/host1<br />
> +    &lt;VirtualHost&gt;<br />
> +    <br />
> +    &lt;VirtualHost *&gt;
> +    ServerName host2.example.com<br />
> +    ServerAlias www.host2.example.com<br />
> +    DocumentRoot /www/vhosts/host2<br />
> +    &lt;VirtualHost&gt;<br />
> +    </example>

I'd like some <indent> elements here for better readability.

nd
--
die (eval q-qq[Just Another Perl Hacker
]