httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Vhosts, common problems
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2002 21:24:35 GMT

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Rich Bowen wrote:

> The problem that I'm trying to solve is that people seem to have an
> inordinate amount of difficulty with virtual hosts, even though they are
> copiously and exhaustively documented.

I've been through them myself many times.  They about as clear as I can
make them.  VirtualHosts are not simple, because they are very flexible.
The basic configuration is, however, quite simple.

> While I'm reluctant to add yet another doc into the vhost directory, it
> occurred to me at some ungodly hour of this morning, that it might be
> useful to have a "solving common problems" doc in the vhost docs, where
> we could address some of the most frequently encountered problems with
> vhosts. Yeah, this is kinda just like a FAQ, and I suppose it would be
> structured as one.

Sure, sounds fine to me.  You can either make this a section of the vhost
docs, or make a page in the (now essentially empty) 2.0 FAQ.  I'd probably
prefer the first option.

Joshua.