httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [Review] mod_include.xml rework
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2002 21:08:24 GMT

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, André Malo wrote:

> I did some rework on the mod_include documentation. The main intention was
> to get more clearness for the user. It's a 50 K diff, so I put it online at
> <http://cvs.apache.org/~nd/mod_include.diff>. The html output can be found
> at <http://cvs.apache.org/~nd/manual/mod/mod_include.html>.

+1.

Here are various minor comments:

- Perhaps add a <seealso> for "SSI Tutorial".

- Rather than calling it the <seealso>The Filter Documentation</seealso>,
just say <seealso>Filters</seealso>.  (I know, the docs are all over the
map on this one, and it's mostly my fault.  But I think we should try to
standardize on the short form.)

- Formatted has two t's.

- Capitalize "element" and "description" in the summary table.

- After the table, I would say:
"SSI elements may be defined by modules other than mod_include.
In fact, the exec element is provide by mod_cgi, and will only be
available if this module is loaded."

- Under "errmsg", replace "whilst" with "while".

- The "sizefmt"  entry is very poorly written (not your fault; you just
copied the old one).  I think it should say "The value sets the format to
be used when displaying the size of a file with the fsize element.  It's
value can be bytes, Kb, or Mb."

- Under "echo", you should say "If the variable is unset, the result is
determined by the SSIUndefinedEcho directive."

- Perhaps a brief note under "encoding" that mentions that user-supplied
data should always be encoded to avoid Cross-Site scripting.

- I believe that the include virtual docs actually lie about not being
able to include cgi scripts when under IncludesNoExec.  If the cgi is in a
ScriptAliased directory, I believe that it will work.  This would need to
be double-checked.

Joshua.