httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [Review] mod_deflate.xml (Revision) (was: [Review] mod_deflate.xml)
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2002 20:27:38 GMT

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002, André Malo wrote:
> Thanks (Luiz also) for your feedback. The only thing I didn't (re-)built in
> is the SetEnv example. I currently can't imagine a configuration that makes
> much sense, since AddoutputFilterByType exists and is much more flexible.
>
> I also added a section about mod_deflate and proxy servers. Another review
> would be appreciated...
>
> I put the whole revision online again at
> <http://cvs.apache.org/~nd/manual/mod/mod_deflate.html>
>
> attached you'll find the whole patch against the current xml and a patch
> against the first version (choose whatever you want to read ;-)

One possibility: Should we have a separate <section> called "Recommended
Configuration" listed first, to be really clear what we recommend for a
typical server?  And shouldn't the recommended configuration include the
Header directive to set the Vary: User-Agent?

There are a couple small gramatical nits, but it would probably be easier
if you commit and then I'll try to remember to clean them up later.

Looks very good overall.

Joshua.