httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [Review] mod_deflate.xml
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2002 18:13:35 GMT

On Sat, 9 Nov 2002, André Malo wrote:

> I've tried to enhance the mod_deflate documentation a bit.
> Any suggestions and comments on content and my English :) are welcome.

Looks good.

Some suggestions:

1. Remove "so you can do negative matches".  It isn't very clear, and it
isn't really even true.  The restriction to only matching "1" was put in
for that purpose.  But, in my opinion, it was a mistake.  There are plenty
of other ways to do negative matches, which you demonstrate in the
examples below.

2. "Internet Explorer identifies ITSELF as ..."

3. "If now a request contains" should be just "Now if a request contains"

4. Perhaps you want to explicitly label your main example as a
"recommended configuration"?  I don't have much mod_deflate experience,
but if those browsers really do have problems, we should present a
recommended configuration that avoids the issues.

5. It might be excessive to put all the filter directives in <seealso>s.
Perhaps the link to the filter documentation is enough.

Joshua.