httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <>
Subject Re: [Review] mod_dav.xml split (Revision)
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 01:47:07 GMT

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, André Malo wrote:
> > 5. What exactly needs to be done to get lockview in the right place?  I
> > can fix it if it's not too complicated, or nag someone else if it is.
> some time ago, Kess complained about the missing lockview tool on the dev
> list ;-). I have the version from mod_dav 1.x here (for win32), it seems to
> work fine, but I think it should be really ported to 2.0 (and use apr +
> apu).

One other question from someone who rarely uses DAV:

The DavLockDB is written as the httpd User/Group, correct?  Is it safe to
write it to a publicly writable directory like /tmp?  If so, we should
change the example in the DavLockDB directivesynopsis to recommend that,
since it now points to logs/DavLock.  If not, we should change the other
examples to logs/DavLock, and we should document the necessity to
touch/chown the file before starting apache.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message