httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [Review] mod_dav.xml split (Revision) (was: [Review] mod_dav.xml split)
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 03:34:11 GMT

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, André Malo wrote:

> * André Malo wrote:
>
> [mod_dav split]
>
> ok, since I'm currently sitting on typing some content, I've tried to
> extend the dav docs, too. you'll find a new patch and a new mod_dav_fs.xml
> attached for yet another review.

As usual, looks very good.  Feel free to commit.

Some suggestions:

1. I'd move the more complete example that is now under the Dav directive
up into the summary section.  There is no point in encouraging people to
do silly things like open an unprotected DAV server.  Then in the Dav
directive section, just include a warning to secure the server before
enabling Dav.

2. Tone down the "!" marks.  We tend to use those very rarely in formal
english.

3. No need to call SSL "even better" than digest auth.  Digest auth is
fine.  The only advantage to SSL is that it encrypts the contents.  You
might want to mention explictly that basic over SSL is secure.

4. In the fs docs, I wouldn't put both "Dav On" and "Dav Filesystem" in
the example.  Just use one of them, and mention the other possibility in
the text.

5. What exactly needs to be done to get lockview in the right place?  I
can fix it if it's not too complicated, or nag someone else if it is.

Joshua.