httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <>
Subject Re: broken links at
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2002 01:47:05 GMT

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, André Malo wrote:

> * Joshua Slive wrote:
> > Please don't just remove the <module> tags around those.
> Yes! should we introduce a new attribute "createanchor" (="no" in that
> case; "yes" would be default) or something?

I would lean towards no.  A <module> should always have a corresponding
documentation file.  The <module> tag is sort of our contract with the
user that there is more stuff behind it.

> Just another point, a little bit related to this: There are some modules
> which don't appear separately (esp. mod_dav_fs, mod_proxy_http,
> mod_proxy_connect and mod_proxy_ftp [and afaics some of the new auth
> modules]). As you may see in CVS, I'm currently running through all the
> docs, mostly correcting formal things... :)
> What is the desired way? The current behaviour is hiding the separate
> (sub-)modules. I'd like to create explicit docs files and I'm willing to
> write at least a base, we can work on.

+1.  They can be as simple as "This is a supporting module for
<module>mod_proxy</module>" to start.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message