httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Vhosts, common problems
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2002 23:28:04 GMT
On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Luiz Rocha wrote:

> On Monday 18 November 2002 18:03, Rich Bowen wrote:
>
> > This doc would be closely related to the examples doc, and they would
> > need to be careful not to overlap one another.
>
>    Sounds great.
>
>    One question. Wouldn't this new doc render the examples doc obsolete? Or
> you'll make it more like a troubleshooting guide than a cookbook?

Yes, it is intended to be a troubleshooting guide, and I expect that it
will contain a number of links into the examples doc.

> > On the other hand, if I could just figure out what it is that makes
> > vhosts so darned difficult for people, maybe we could fix that. But I
> > suspect it has something to do with their unwillingness to actually read
> > docs, so this may just be aggravating that situation. *sigh*
>
>    We could just patch the users :)
>
>    If you need hands to help you with the new doc, ask me. I'm not a vhost
> master, but this week will be lighter than usual at work.

Consider yourself asked. I have a number of things I need to do before
Wednesday, so that my ApacheCon presentations are not enormously
embarassing, but I will try to put together a skeleton document.

--
Nothing is perfekt. Certainly not me.
Success to failure. Just a matter of degrees.