httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Listen
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 16:17:19 GMT
On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, johannes m. richter wrote:

> At 17:00 04.11.2002, you wrote:
> >On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, johannes m. richter wrote:
> >
> > > At least my *documentation* doesn't say anything about "in addition to"
> > > (1.3.27 too)
> > > Yea, the default httpd.conf does, but not the docs (/mod/core.html#listen)
> > > johannes
> >
> >I consider the default configuration file to be part of the docs. For
> >many many people, it's the only docs they ever read.
>
> Sorry for the bad phrasing :) Perhaps "manual" would have been the better word.
>
> I as a simple user would say this is a docs bug in the default httpd.conf.
> Firstly because the manual tells otherwise and secondly I think it makes
> for sense to _replace_ the default port.

Is that opinion, or is this the definitive answer? I'm really looking
for a definitive answer from the developers, not what seems to make
sense. While I would tend to agree with you, opinion is not really what
matters here.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
As we trace our own few circles around the sun