httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "johannes m. richter" <johannes_rich...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Listen
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 16:08:28 GMT
At 17:00 04.11.2002, you wrote:
>On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, johannes m. richter wrote:
>
> > At least my *documentation* doesn't say anything about "in addition to"
> > (1.3.27 too)
> > Yea, the default httpd.conf does, but not the docs (/mod/core.html#listen)
> > johannes
>
>I consider the default configuration file to be part of the docs. For
>many many people, it's the only docs they ever read.

Sorry for the bad phrasing :) Perhaps "manual" would have been the better word.

I as a simple user would say this is a docs bug in the default httpd.conf.
Firstly because the manual tells otherwise and secondly I think it makes
for sense to _replace_ the default port.

Regards
johannes

--
A dress makes no sense unless it inspires men
to want to take it off you.  -- Francois Sagan