httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: module links at /docs-2.0/mod/index.xml
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 21:17:56 GMT
André Malo wrote:
> * Tim Gerundt wrote:
>

>>I have a little suggestion for "/docs-2.0/mod/index.xml".
>>In the documentation you use this "red" links for module links.
>>I think at the module overview you should use this style, too.
>

> folks, just wanna say, that Tim and me have already discussed that before.
> I suggested him to ask on the list.
>
> My opinion is to stick with the current variant, because I think the red
> highlighting breaks the flow a bit - but I'm unsure.
> Would be nice, if someone could say something; it would only be a small
> patch.
>
> nd

I don't like this idea. To get it really consistent we would also have
to use the same font (courier, <code>) and that definitely wouldn't fit
in there. Also the semantics are not the same: in continuous text the
module-color/-font has the effect of highlighting the different
link-types (directive, modules, ...) and to make it easier to
differentiate them. In the module overview we have a list with different
modules (headlines), nothing more; there is no need to differentiate.

Apart from this i'm +1 on using red-/courier-links in the continuous
text which follows the headlines (see obsolete modules).

just my 2 cents ;-)

erik