httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Kessler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Re: user annotations (was: [STATUS] (httpd-docs-2.0) Wed Oct 16 23:45:26 EDT 2002)
Date Sat, 19 Oct 2002 17:50:28 GMT
[ snipped a lot]

> Just an idea bubbles up at 02:50 in the morning: links at every
> directive (in the module docs) and on every other page to a
> *simplified* form, which receives some user input and puts it to
> bugzilla or elsewhere (e.g. mail). We (the committers) or at least
> some of us are responsible for evaluating the stuff and building in or
> rejecting or whatever one can do with it ;-)

This idea is the only one worth to be discussed further, in my eyes.
I've a problem with the inflation of new features to the docs. Well,
user comments as a feedback to get a better documentation, would be
nice. But only if we have the manpower to work them in. And that's the
problem I see. There is a lot of work waiting. And if we got a version
2.1 there will be a lot of additional work. We just switched to a new
format. And transformation hasn't complete until now. A lot of module
and other documentation still contains the warning 'based on 1.3'.

Sorry, let's do this really neccessary work first before we bind ourself
with new features nice for us, but not neccessary for the user. It's
very very more important to get an updated documentation people could
work with.

So my suggestion: make a note to the status, collect ideas, mark the
whole thing as nice to have and realized at a later point. And let's
concentrate on the content.

Just my 2 cents
 Kess