httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/style/xsl common.xsl directiveindex.xsl moduleindex.xsl quickreference.xsl sitemap.xsl synopsis.xsl
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2002 21:00:50 GMT
* Joshua Slive wrote:

> nd@apache.org wrote:
>
>>   - new <hint> element for modulesynopsis
>
> I don't see the point of that.  The same info is available in
> <compatibility>, and I really want to try to minimize the number of
> different tags.

I like the idea of Will Rowe of putting a hint (which says, when and
perhaps why) on the index page. The <compatibility> content is not
really the right text to do so. And I found no good existing place where
such a "hint" could be stored. Hmm. Alternatives are welcome :)

>>   - status attribute for <directive> and <module> in order to
>>     create correct links (status="obsolete" inserts an 'obs_'
>>     before the module file name in the href)
>
> Why are we renaming the files at all?  It seems to me they can simply
> remain mod_access, mod_auth, etc.

but mod_auth_digest.

> The information that they are
> obsolete is contained in the <status>.  We should not duplicate that
> information in the filename.

I guess there are arguments both for it and against it. My intention was
to make *very* apparent that the particular module was removed/replaced.
Even I would go further and label the old urls (except for
mod_auth_digest.html ;-( ) with a 410 status. (which would also catch
any links set to the files yet.)

YMMV. I'd very like to hear more opionions about especially from user's
side. I'm actually not sure, what is the right way to handle this
problem.

nd
--
$_=q?tvc!uif)%*|#Bopuifs!A`#~tvc!Xibu)%*|qsjou#Kvtu!A`#~tvc!KBQI!)*|~
tvc!ifmm)%*|#Qfsm!A`#~tvc!jt)%*|(Ibdlfs(~  # What the hell is JAPH? ;